Artist: Debs McLaughlin





I am very excited, thrilled and honoured to be involved in this project and I hope that this little peacock will bring smiles and happiness to the children at the centre.

My interest in mosaic art started in 2006 when I was looking for another creative avenue. My first creation was a very basic wall piece but the passion was ignited. The creative process is a beautiful and amazing thing that feeds the soul and with each piece created I have learned something new.  Most of all I want to create a little joy.

I use different techniques depending on the piece that I create and incorporate all types of materials from classic ceramic tile and vitreous glass, to the unusual, sea glass, broken china and found objects.

I am from rural Somerset in England but have lived on the beautiful Caribbean island of St Lucia since 1993. The abundance of colour in the flora and fauna and the beauty and simplicity of island life provide me with the inspiration for my mosaics.



Flickr:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/totallytropical/

No comments:

Post a Comment